- RSS Channel Showcase 4085350
- RSS Channel Showcase 9447062
- RSS Channel Showcase 8934670
- RSS Channel Showcase 4525474
Articles on this Page
- 06/13/16--09:00: _Teen Vaping Leads T...
- 08/16/16--08:20: _How To Talk To Boys...
- 10/27/16--19:23: _Teens Use Cough Med...
- 02/02/17--08:08: _Teens Using E-Cigar...
- 02/06/17--08:33: _New Tobacco Legisla...
- 05/04/17--17:42: _Be Sun Smart – Impr...
- 05/17/17--17:11: _Tips for Reducing H...
- 06/13/16--09:00: Teen Vaping Leads To Cigarette Use
- 08/16/16--08:20: How To Talk To Boys & Girls About Sex
- 10/27/16--19:23: Teens Use Cough Medication To Get High
- 02/02/17--08:08: Teens Using E-Cigarettes Up 900%
- 02/06/17--08:33: New Tobacco Legislation: No Cigs To Those Under 21
- 05/04/17--17:42: Be Sun Smart – Improving Childhood Sun Exposure
- 05/17/17--17:11: Tips for Reducing Hearing Loss From Earbuds And Earphones
Big news published today in Pediatrics; a new study reports that adolescents who vape are 6 TIMES more likely to smoke cigarettes in early adulthood. Researchers studied 11th and 12th graders during the transition from being US minors to legal adults when they have the right to buy traditional cigarettes (age 18 years) to see the effect using […]
I haven’t felt like a pro in knowing how to talk about sex with my boys. No matter that I was a middle school science teacher, I’m now a pediatrician and an ever-evolving mom of two. It’s a tough topic even for me as a “talker.” So it was a TRUE JOY and huge relief […]
We’re thankfully in the middle of a national conversation about ways to protect the public from drugs of abuse. The opioid epidemic has brought the issue of medicines and risk to the forefront and has awakened a new understanding about the lethality of drugs of abuse and addiction. There are other medicines, even over-the-counter medicines, […]
We know more about e-cigarettes and teens than ever before. Recently, Dr. Vivek Murthy, US Surgeon General released a report on teens and young adults who use e-cigarettes. Perhaps one of the more staggering statistics in the report states that e-cig use has increased 900% in high school students from 2011-2015. That’s a jump. Especially concerning right […]
Last week I had the distinct pleasure of working with Washington State Secretary of Health, Dr. John Wiesman on spreading the message and intent about Washington House Bill #1054. This bill aims to raise the age to purchase tobacco and vaping products from 18 to 21 years. Dr. Wiesman believes it is the single most important […]
The post New Tobacco Legislation: No Cigs To Those Under 21 appeared first on Seattle Mama Doc.
It may not always be the sunniest here in Washington, but that doesn’t mean we’re safe from sun exposure and skin cancer risks. In fact, Washington had the 10th highest rate of skin cancer in 2013 (we beat out sunny states including Florida, California and Arizona). Part of that has to do with the population […]
I’ve started to use earbuds a lot. Like a lot a lot…like every day. Just like so many other people you see on the street, and many teens, I use earbuds daily to make phone calls, listen to music or podcasts or engage while I stream videos. On the plane, always. And on a bad day […]
The post Tips for Reducing Hearing Loss From Earbuds And Earphones appeared first on Seattle Mama Doc.